12.02.2011

a review of 2011

well...i knew 2011 would be better than 2010 and it was!  not really for all of the reasons i thought but they were all good reasons.

let's review the good and bad.

i had fun making a ton of stationary and invitations!  i love designing and practicing designing things. i have more projects to post...but i'll get to those eventually.

basketball season...san diego state shared the mwc championship title then won the mountain west championship tournament and made school history by making it further in march madness than any sdsu team.  i believe! go aztecs! kawhi leonard was drafted by the pacers and signed with the san antonio spurs (he scored the game winning basket tonight!).  malcolm thomas went overseas and played in korea (i think), made some money, then came back and signed with the lakers! go spurs and lakers!

i made it to a few anaheim duck games last season and this season.  one time we got to go skating on the ice after!  i even went to a playoff game last season (but this year)! go ducks!

i discovered free stuff.  it is great!

i went to medieval times for the first time!

i made it to disneyland a few times.

i got to stay at a swanky hotel and live it up.

i saw nkotbsb twice and kevin richardson with bsb once!  i was also able to fulfill a tween dream of mine and was one of girls who bsb says hi to while walking through the audience.  i also discovered nkotb from these concerts. they're old but they're still cool! donnie wahlberg has given me lots of material for my rs lessons.
me and nick
i saw blink-182 three times!   i was able to fulfill my grown up dream of mine to meet a real rockstar, from a band i respect and listen to.  i also got to hang out backstage.

me and tom

i went to almost acoustic christmas and saw great bands including bush, blink-182, and 311...more to come on that.


next day going to church
i had cellulitus on my nose near my eye...the week of my birthday.  i had good friends to keep tabs on me and make sure i was ok and i did something on my birthday.  i also had great parents who dealt with me...and drove me to the doctors when i couldn't see because my eye was swollen shut. if you ask me to show you a picture i will, i can't post it...it is honestly too horrible looking. lots of doctors and lots of medicine (antibiotics make me feel super horrible), but i am all good now.

i got to dress up in maybe my favorite halloween costume ever as a sugar skull with k.



i had multiple cousins get married.  it was fun seeing all of my family.

the world discovered rebecca black's friday and charlie sheen went crazy.

lots of great movies and music came out. i really enjoyed "midnight in paris" it was such a cute movie! i just got it on dvd, yay! i am loving the new bush cd, bush is just classic.

i fell in love with ryan gosling. typographerryangosling.tumblr.com  i am ready for him to be my typography teacher.

i made it down to san diego a couple of weeks ago.  i love that place so much it is dangerous.  i've been down and anti-social ever since i came home.  i miss that place and the people so much.  i know there are terrible horrible no good very bad days, even in san diego and australia, but when i am having those terrible horrible no good very bad days, i'd rather be having them in san diego.  a huge chunk of my heart will always be in san diego.  in my opinion it is the greatest city on earth and everything about it is better than everywhere else.

i've been dealing with a sporadic minnesotan accent, not sure why or how i got it, but it is something i've been dealing with.

i got a new laptop...i'm working on 17.3" not a 10" netbook now.  it has made designing things 1000 times easier.

it is christmas time and the best time of the year!  merry christmas and happy new year.  2012, you have a lot to live up to!

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy to be able to read this post and basically see the highlights of my year as well, lol!

    As for being down/anti-social- I really dont believe that people in Austrian have bad days. I wont believe it until I see it.

    Love you C, and I know that 2012 will be even better!! We better start planning our concerts, our Halloween costumes, and our trip to that Pirate experience (across the street from medieval times) lol!

    ReplyDelete